This recipe comes to us from our friend Carlin St. John of Get Together PDX. Specializing in recipe development and catered events, Get Together PDX provides fantastic food and thoughtful details to create special gatherings and dining experiences. Follow @gettogetherpdx and contact Carlin with inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3-4 lb. boneless, fully-cooked, smoked ham
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup apricot preserves
- 1 TSP chili powder
- ½ cup New Deal Wheat Whiskey
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and allow the ham to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, apricot preserves, and chili powder with a splash of water. Stir to combine and heat until bubbling. Once the mixture is bubbling, add the whiskey and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow to simmer until the glaze is reduced and feels sticky, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the ham in a roasting dish and brush all over with half the glaze, reserving the other half for later. Transfer the ham to the oven.
- After 3o minutes, brush the ham with half of the remaining glaze. Continue baking the ham until it registers an internal temperature of 130℉, about 30 more minutes.
- Brush the ham with the last of the glaze, slice, and serve.