This recipe comes to us from our friend Carlin St. John of Get Together PDX. Specializing in recipe development and catered events, Get Together PDX provides fantastic food and thoughtful details to create special gatherings and dining experiences. Follow @gettogetherpdx and contact Carlin with inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 leeks, dark green tops removed, sliced lengthwise
- 1 TBSP kosher salt
- 2 TSP freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ cup New Deal Old Tom Gin
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Clean the leeks: fill a large bowl with cold water and soak leeks for 10 minutes, swishing them around a few times to remove dirt that may be trapped between the layers. Remove and dry the leeks.
- Pack the leeks snuggly into an oven-proof dish. Top with salt, pepper, thyme, gin, wine, and olive oil. Toss gently to coat.
- Roast leeks until completely softened and lightly caramelized, about 1 hour.
- Top roasted leeks with lemon zest, lemon juice, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.