Our Hot “Buttered” Rum mini cocktail featuring our new Spiced Rum has been a huge hit in the tasting room! Folks have been asking for the recipe so here are the deets on how to make a full size one at home.
- 1 1/2 oz New Deal Spiced Rum
- 2 Tbs New Deal Hot Buttered Rum Mix (or, if you’re not local to Portland, see recipe below)
- Hot water
- Cascara Liqueur whipped cream
Add rum, spice mix, and hot water to a mug. Stir until the spice mix dissolves. Top with Cascara Liqueur whipped cream.
Coconut Oil Spice Mix Recipe
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- Pinch salt
Cascara Liqueur Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or CocoWhip for a dairy-free version)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 oz New Deal Cascara Liqueur
Stir ingredients with a hand mixer or dry-shake until thick and fluffy.