Both fresh and rich with warming notes of coffee and cocoa nibs, Winter Perks will warm you on even the coldest of days. You’ll love how the spiciness of the rye is balanced by lively fruit preserves and tart cranberry juice.
- 1 oz New Deal Coffee Liqueur
- 1 oz Distiller’s Reserve Rye Whiskey
- 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice
- 4 dashes chocolate bitters
- 1 TBS raspberry jam (We used Bonne Maman)
- sugar and finely ground coffee for the rim
Begin by preparing your glass. For a coffee sugar rim, mix equal parts finely ground coffee and granulated sugar in a shallow dish until incorporated. Wet the rim of a coupe or martini glass with cranberry juice and then dip into the sugar coffee mix. Next, add all other cocktail ingredients into a shaker tin with ice. Shake hard to incorporate the jam. Fine strain into your prepared glass with a coffee sugar rim.