What’s better than Mulled Wine? Mulled Wine with our Distiller’s Workshop Brandy and Ginger Liqueur, of course! If you’re expecting guests, this one is super easy to make ahead of time so you can focus on your company.
- 1 bottle red wine (any fuller bodied red like cabernet, merlot, or syrah will do)
- 1-2 whole cloves or 1/16 tsp clove powder
- 1 cinnamon stick of 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 allspice berries or 1/4 tsp allspice powder
- 1/16 tsp nutmeg
- 1 TBS dried orange peels
- 1/3 cup white sugar (or add more if you prefer it sweeter)
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- the peels of one lemon
- the juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup Distiller’s Workshop Brandy
- 1/8 cup New Deal Ginger Liqueur
In a saucepan or crockpot, combine wine, cloves, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, dried orange peel, white sugar, and brown sugar and simmer for 15 minutes. Not not let the wine boil. After simmering, turn the heat down to low and add the lemon peels, lemon juice, Brandy, and Ginger Liqueur. Optimal drinking temperature is between 120-165 degrees F.