You’ll love this citrus and fennel cocktail combination. It pairs perfectly with our single barrel Distiller’s Workshop Apple Brandy.
- 2 oz Distiller’s Workshop Apple Brandy
- 2 orange wheels, sliced in half (3 slices for the cocktail, 1 for garnish)
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 3/4 oz fennel syrup (easy recipe below)
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 orange slice and fennel frond for garnish
Muddle 3 orange slices with fennel syrup. Add apple brandy, lemon juice, and bitters. Shake well with ice and double strain into an old fashioned glass. Add fresh ice and garnish with remaining orange slice and fennel frond.
- 2 cups fennel, coarsely chopped bulbs and tops (avoid fronds)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hot water, just off the boil
In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and hot water and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add fennel and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain the fennel out of the syrup. The fronds are quite fine and won’t strain out completely. Refrigerate syrup. It will keep for 30 days.