This recipe comes to us from our friend Carlin St. John of Get Together PDX. Specializing in recipe development and catered events, Get Together PDX provides fantastic food and thoughtful details to create special gatherings and dining experiences. Follow @gettogetherpdx and contact Carlin with inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 ears corn, husked and kernels removed from the cob
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 TBSP red miso
- ¼ cup New Deal Ginger Liqueur
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- Fresh basil and lime wedges for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, red onion, and zucchini. Sauté until onion is translucent and zucchini is soft, about 10 minutes. Add the corn kernels, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until corn has softened and turned bright yellow, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the miso and ginger liqueur until well combined. Add to the skillet with the veggies and cook over medium heat until most of the liquid has cooked out, about 5-7 minutes. Add toasted sesame oil and remove from heat.
- Transfer corn mixture to a bowl and toss with chopped basil leaves and the juice from 2-3 lime wedges. Serve warm or room temperature.