- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup New Deal Ginger Liqueur
- 1 lb tempeh, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2” pieces
- 3 spring onions, sliced into 1″ rounds
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini, cut into 1” chunks
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Chopped mint or cilantro (optional)
- Steamed rice for serving
- Make the marinade: add garlic, honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, and Ginger Liqueur to a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Place the cubed tempeh in a zip top bag and add the marinade. Transfer to the fridge and allow the tempeh to marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Soak 10-15 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes (this helps them from burning on the grill), then skewer the vegetables. Drizzle veggie skewers with a little olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Skewer the tempeh cubes and pour the leftover marinade into a small bowl.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Transfer the skewers to the grill. Brush the veggie and tempeh skewers with the leftover marinade as they grill. Turn them every few minutes so they char and cook on all sides. Remove from the grill once fully cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour any remaining leftover marinade over the grilled skewers and top with chopped mint or cilantro if desired. Serve with steamed rice.