This crispy cauliflower with spicy honey glaze needs to have a place at your Super Bowl spread! A great alternative to traditional chicken wings, the cauliflower keeps things light but still delivers that spicy, crunchy snack we all crave. For maximum crispiness, fry the cauliflower, but if you’re looking for an easier preparation with less cleanup, simply pop ‘em in the oven. For a drink pairing, you can’t go wrong with a beer, but we’re partial to a Hot Monkey Margarita.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs (traditional or panko)
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Hot Monkey Pepper Flavored Vodka
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp chili paste (such as Sambal Oelek)
- 2 TBSP butter
- For serving (optional): celery sticks and creamy dressing like ranch or blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. Line a sheet pan with a cooling rack.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl or pie pan and whisk as if you were making scrambled eggs. Add the breadcrumbs to an additional bowl or pie pan, and whisk in 1 tsp salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper.
- Working in batches, toss the cauliflower in the egg, then toss in the breadcrumbs. Arrange the dredged cauliflower on the sheet pan. Bake for 12 minutes, turn the cauliflower, and bake for another 10 minutes. When they come out of the oven, sprinkle them with salt.
- While the cauliflower bakes, add Hot Monkey, honey, and chili paste to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and allow to cook, stirring often, until the glaze has reduced and thickened (about 10-15 minutes). Stir in the butter and remove from heat once butter has melted.
- Add the crispy cauliflower to a large bowl and toss with ¾ of the glaze. Return cauliflower to the sheet pan and bake until the florets look nicely browned and caramelized, about 5-7 minutes.
- Arrange the cauliflower on a platter and drizzle with remaining spicy honey glaze. Serve with celery sticks and a creamy dip like ranch or blue cheese, if desired.