This recipe comes to us from our friend Carlin St. John of Get Together PDX. Specializing in recipe development and catered events, Get Together PDX provides fantastic food and thoughtful details to create special gatherings and dining experiences. Follow @gettogetherpdx and contact Carlin with inquiries at email@example.com.
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, stems trimmed, halved
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1 small red onion (or half a large red onion), thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- ⅓ cup New Deal Coffee Liqueur
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Toss the brussels sprouts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place them cut side down on a baking sheet and roast until they are dark golden brown on their cut sides and softened on top, about 40 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp then remove from the pan and set aside. Leaving the bacon fat in the pan, add the onions and cook over medium heat until softened and starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the sliced garlic and chili paste and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the coffee liqueur and turn the heat to low. Allow to simmer and reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts and bacon into the pan with the glaze and toss well to coat. Taste and season with more salt if desired.