After aging five long years, our Distiller’s Workshop Apple Brandy is ready for release. Brought to us from a small orchard in Eugene, raw apple cider underwent a slow outdoor fermentation, a single pot distillation, and then spent five years in second fill oak. The result is a remarkable apple brandy with notes of poached fruit, caramel, vanilla, and cinnamon. Delightfully aromatic and exceptionally smooth, our Distiller’s Workshop Apple Brandy shines when sipped on its own or when mixed in cocktails.
We’re celebrating our new release with a Virtual Brandy Tasting!
Join us on Friday, February 5th at 6 pm for a Virtual Brandy Tasting of our three New Deal Brandy selections, led by our owner and distiller Tom Burkleaux. He’ll be sharing details about the brandy-making process, as well as answering your questions, as we taste through our New Deal Pear Brandy, Distillers Workshop Brandy, and our new Distiller’s Workshop Apple Brandy. You’re invited to stay on the Zoom call after the tasting to enjoy an informal hot toddy with the distiller. Space will be limited so secure your spot today!
What you’ll need to have for the tasting:
• An internet connection and Zoom downloaded to your computer.
• All three New Deal Brandy selections—Pear Brandy, Apple Brandy, and Distiller’s Workshop Brandy.
• Three glasses — any glasses will do — though we do have New Deal Glencairn Glasses available (made especially for enjoying the nuanced aromatics of fine spirits) to help you bring the full distillery experience home.
What you’ll like to have for the tasting (optional):
• Printable tasting mat and recipe card. These will be included in an email, along with your Zoom invitation, the week of the event.
• A pen for recording tasting notes.
• Glass of water, ice, and a spoon. Some people like to add ice to their brandy to see how it opens up the flavors and aroma of the spirit.
• Hot water, lemon, and honey, if you’d like to stay on for a hot toddy with Tom.
What to expect:
You will receive an email the week of the event containing a Zoom code to join the virtual tasting, a printable tasting mat, and a tasting sheet. During the event, Tom will lead an interactive lecture-style tasting of our three brandy selections. You will be able to type any questions or comments into the chat for him to answer and address. The tasting will last approximately 45 minutes. Those who would like to stay after will be invited to join Tom for a hot toddy while we virtually tour our still and production area!