This pie smells like roasted coffee when you pull it out of the oven and you will not be mad about it. The combination of pecans, coffee, flaky pie crust, and whipped cream will have you sharing this recipe with all your friends.
1- 9-inch frozen pie shell or your favorite pie dough recipe. If making pie dough from scratch, par-bake your shell to avoid a soggy bottom.
FOR THE FILLING
- ¼ cup (100g) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup (110g) corn syrup or Lyle’s golden
- ¾ cup (160g) packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoon (105g) heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 (93g) egg yolks
- ⅓ cup (75g) Coffee Liqueur
- 5 tablespoon (52g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ⅔ cup (220g) pecan pieces
FOR THE COFFEE WHIPPED CREAM
- ¾ cup (150g) heavy cream, cold
- 1 tablespoon powdered, sugar
- 1 tablespoon Coffee Liqueur
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350°F
In a small saucepan, melt butter and set aside.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together maple syrup, corn syrup, brown sugar, salt, heavy cream, and egg yolks.
Add Coffee Liqueur and melted butter and whisk to combine.
Fold in pecan pieces and mix to coat.
Pour into the prepared pie shell and bake on the lower third rack in the oven ~40-50 minutes until the center is set and crust is golden.
Let fully cool before serving.
When you are ready to serve, prepare the whipped cream.
Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until medium peaks form, being careful not to over whip.