Blood orange, fennel syrup, and Gin No. 1 come to together in this fun, refreshing fizz.
- 2 oz New Deal Gin No.1
- 1 1/2 oz blood orange juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz fennel syrup (easy recipe below)
- soda water
- 1 blood orange slice or fennel frond for garnish
Shake gin, blood orange juice, lemon juice, and fennel syrup with ice. Double strain into a collins glass and add soda water. Add fresh ice and garnish.
- 2 cups fennel, coarsely chopped bulbs and tops (avoid fronds as they wont strain out of the syrup)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hot water, just off the boil
In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and hot water and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add fennel and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain the fennel out of the syrup and refrigerate. Syrup will keep for 30 days.