We tested this one out on a grey, rainy Pacific NW day, and it is officially Portland-approved.
- 1 oz New Deal Distiller’s Cut Rum
- 1½ oz New Deal Coffee Liqueur
- 1 dash Triple Sec
- Hot Coffee to fill the glass
Combine ingredients in an Irish coffee mug. Top with Mud Puddle whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Mud Puddle Whipped Cream
Whip together until stiff peaks form:
- 4 oz heavy whipping cream,
- 1 oz Mud Puddle Bitter Chocolate Vodka
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of coffee grounds
Makes enough for 4-6 servings. You can substitute 1 oz Coffee Liqueur for Mud Puddle and sugar if you prefer.